19 days into the year and it’s time for the monthly checkup to see how smoothly things are going. Besides annihilating my smoke detector this morning, things are OK.
- Alberta Budget Club I suspect it will be a failure and that’s not really an issue for me. No one, NO ONE seems to want to talk about money, debt, and budgeting and I’m not about to push people into it. We’re all adults here and if you want to make the choice of being responsible about your finances, then the help is there. I know where I stand, and if you don’t want to accept help, well that’s too bad. I supposes if I put a few naked ladies into it I’d get more feedback, but I’m not willing to do that. And I suspect that naked ladies might be one of the reasons why a few people are in debt.
- TFSA’s Maxed Out For 2015. Almost done. By the end of January I suspect.
- $10 000 saved. After the TFSA’s are done then that’s the next step. The rule of thumb for retirement is 10% every year but in today’s economy that’s not enough. I would love to put away $30 000 a year, but that’s a little tricky.
- Travel. Because of work and work (and work) travel is off the table until the end of July.But…stay tuned!
- Balance This is probably the hardest one because if I had a choice (and really I do) all I would do is work.I like working and keeping busy but I need to get out and well, socialize. Usually the time I’m most social is on the road but that’s not in the cards right now. It’s up to me then to not be a hermit.
- Work Two jobs and I’m almost done planning out the courses that I want to teach. Now it’s just a matter of writing and scheduling them.
Let’s see…what else? Oh right! Writing! And photography! I have so many ideas in my head that I want to put into action.
Now the next goal is…life hacking and learning how to make better use of my time. Because obviously I am not if I’m blogging at 10:30 PM on a Monday night.